The Agency for Inland Waterways is a project partner on FAIRway project which is co-financed under the first call of Connecting Europe Facility 2014-2020 in the area of transport. Implementation of the project began on July 1, 2015 and the planned duration is five years.
FAIRway (Coordinated Deployment of the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan) aims at the elaboration of coordinated national investment and operational plans for fairway rehabilitation and maintenance for the Danube and its navigable tributaries.
The following activities are:
- Elaborate coordinated national roadmaps and define the pilots for the implementation of the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan (http://files.groupspaces.com/MobilityWaterways/files/1285189/Tlf2h8uhUWcAxzQTJ32K/2014-11-13_FRMMP_final_document_clean.pdf ) as agreed by the Danube Minister Meeting in Brussels on 3rd December 2014. (http://files.groupspaces.com/MobilityWaterways/files/1285252/OiaUEBRsmpIf_Jk3xWr4/Conclusions_signed.pdf)
- Procure the necessary equipment to carry out the pilots for hydrological services
- Execute and evaluate pilots in order to:
- collect harmonized basic data on all critical locations
- implement a coherent monitoring scheme for the navigational status
- harmonize water level models and prognosis
- identify the potential of fairway relocation and floating ship data
- Develop innovative approaches in the area of aerial monitoring, modern Aids to Navigation, etc.
- Prepare the necessary documentation for future implementation projects of the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan.
FAIRway consists of seven, strongly interlinked partners, in addition to AVP:
- viadonau (via) – Austria
- Ministry of transport, construction and regional development of the Slovak Republic; Waterborne Transport Development Agency (ARVD) – Slovakia
- National Development Agency (NDA) – Hungary
- Országos Vízügyi Főigazgatóság (OVF) – Hungary
- Administratia Fluviala A Dunarii De Jos (AFDJ) – Romania
- Izpalnitelna agentsia "Prouchvane i poddarzhane na reka Dunav" (EAEMDR) – Bulgaria
- Compania Nationala Administratia Canalelor Navigabile (ACN) – Romania
forming a transnational implementation action for improved fairway conditions along the river Danube.
Duration: 07/2015 - 06/2020
Budget: EUR 23.4 Mn
EU-Financing (CEF): EUR 19.6 Mn